Annons:
Tagmental-health
Read 379 times
Leia
2019-04-08 19:30

Autism Awareness

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Last week we celebrated Autism Awareness week! I saw lots being done in order to raise awareness or money for the National Autistic Society. The one that caught my attention was Morrison’s ‘quieter hour’. I thought this was a brilliant idea, but why is it limited to only one week? And limited to the same time each day, a wider variety would surely accommodate more people? Should supermarkets and other stores be making more of an effort? Can you think of any good examples to follow?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2019-04-09 11:49

I think all efforts to raise awareness of Autism are a good thing. Also, I believe many accommodations for autistic people are just as good for most others as well. It’s just that autistics are more sensitive and therefore benefit more from them. Rock your socks day is another fun way of raising awareness. 21st of March is World Down Syndrome Day, and that is why we wear mismatched, preferably colorful, socks that day, to show the beauty in differences.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-04-09 22:04

#1 I love the rock your socks symbology. Its a shame I missed that one this year.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-04-10 10:40

#2: Oh, Rock your socks can be celebrated any day. It happens to me now and then. 😉

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: