Annons:
Tagmental-health
Read 375 times
Evelina
2019-03-25 09:43

The Kardashians and Flat Tummy Co

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

There has been a lot of controversy the past few weeks on social media about how the Kardashians - Khloe and Kourtney, are promoting wake loss shakes with terrible side effects. 

The commenters are angry because this product is not even FDA regulated and yet they are promoting a product that is something that they most likely don't even use  for weight loss. They have enough money already, why do they feel like they have the need to make a few more bucks and contribute to the misinformation surrounding fitness and nutrition?

I looked on Instagram for the posts and even saw several of my friends liking the posts. I was a bit surprised because it is clearly just a promotion. 

I feel like this is a huge problem for young girls who suffer from body image issues. They are likely to see anything that influencers and celebrities post on social media and take that for granted. This includes the editing of photos to make their butts look bigger and waists look smaller. 

I think it is good that the posts include that these posts are ads, but still. I think there needs to be more regulation on this. 

What do you think about this topic? 

I was going to post this on the opinion community but I felt like it is an important topic for Mental Health because social media affects our mental well being so much if we let it.

Annons:
Evelina
2019-03-25 09:44
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Here's another one.

Niklas
2019-03-25 10:24

I think you are right that many people like posts without really knowing what it means. They follow someone they like and hit like on their posts now and then to show their general Support. That adds up to a lot of likes which makes more people follow them and then the circle starts over again. That's why so many celebrities buy followers and likes. It pays off by getting them more real followers. The promotion of questionable products to a great extent probably is the result of celebrity managers saying yes to deals on behalf of their clients only focusing on revenue. I don't think they use the products themselves. They have no need for them in their lives. Like Jennifer Aniston standing with a bottle of Smartwater, looking bored. Why on earth would she use such a stupid product? “Vapor-distilled with electrolytes added for taste.” In my opinion that is a product for which there might be a need in the area of medicine, but not in every household. Drink clean tap water. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-25 22:20

I agree there needs to be a massive change for the regulations on platforms such as Instagram, snapchat and facebook.  What those newly imposed regulations could be? I wouldn't know the answer. 

I personally found comfort in Essna O'Neill youtube video that was released during the time I started uni. She inspired me to unfollow all models and clothes selling accounts at an important time in my life when I was really figuring out who I was. Since doing so, I have felt much more confident in myself as I am no longer constantly comparing myself to others. 

I think major influencers and celebrities should follow by Essna's example and start to be transparent about what they are posting/preaching.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: