Annons:
Tagmental-health
Read 437 times
Niklas
2019-03-11 15:12

Does your workplace suit you?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Not everyone can work in a regular office. The unspoken rules, the expectations, the impressions, practically everything can cause problems for someone with Autism.

Auticon is a company whose mission is to employ people with Autism. The majority of their staff has Autism. Their founder has a son with Autism and saw the need for a workplace for people like him. So he started it. They specialize in testing software, something people with Autism often are considered good at. The workspace takes special care of their employees needs. You aren’t expected to be social if you don't want to. You can be sick for longer periods than other companies would tolerate. They understand your productivity can go up and down.

I think these types of businesses will be more common in the future. Lots of people don't conform to the general norms and they still need work and occupation.

Do you know of any other companies like this?

» An Office Designed for Workers With Autism - The New York Times

(Photo by Annie Spratt at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2019-03-11 19:36

That is really neat. Where I grew up different establishments, such as ice cream parlours and grocery stores, hired people with different needs. They always suited the job to the person's skills, such as smiling and friendliness, or the ability to keep things clean and organised, etc.

Leia
2019-03-11 22:20

What a brilliant idea, It’s one for business to hire people with Autism but it’s another to be so accommodating! I hope to see more like this in the future.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-03-11 23:24

Maybe it is not strictly related to working, but I read a research paper recently about how people with Autism may come together online in certain communities and as a result feel more comfortable. Perhaps that would suggest that jobs that have the ability to, should let people with Autism communicate online as it would make it more comfortable for them.

Scroll to top
Annons: